- 355 nm frequency-tripled Nd-YAG solid-state laser-Class 1
- High quality contrast marking that is permanent and unalterable
- Auto-Calibration and Self-Adjustment of the laser
- Real time energy level control (for contrast) with automatic adjustments to desired specifications
- Processes all UV-Markable single-core wires and shielded multi-core cables
- Cable length capabilities ranging from 15 cm to 999 m (6 inches to 3,277 feet)
- Cable diameter processing capabilities from gauge 6 (6.3 mm) to 26 (0.75mm)
- De-reeling mechanism capable of processing several coils with manual wire feed to meet any of the customer’s requirements
- Equipped with cable-tensioning and servo-control drive system
- Motorized coiling pan with synchronized coiling speed
- Cutting system compliant with all aircraft industry standards
- Automatic smoke ventilation system
- Compact ergonomic structure with touch screen
- Knot and cut detection system
- Two font printing function standard; four font printing function optional
- Standard “Source and “Destination” marking at wire ends
- Tele-maintenance kit function
- Multiple data input options: manual, flash drive, CD, or through the plant network system
- Multiple production menus that allow different sorting options according to the cable part number, aircraft serial number, etc…
- Rework mode
- Statistical monitoring capabilities through the software
- Maintenance monitoring functions utilized through the software
- Multilingual and user-friendly software tailored to the customer’s technical specifications (factory network interface, label editing, etc.)
The Ulys SL Modena line
4 models to suit your volume requirements:
- ULYS 110-SL Modena: this model allows you to enjoy the advantages of the ULYS SL Modena line, in particular the wide range of de-reeling options, at a competitive price.
- ULYS 220- SL Modena: ULYS 220-SL Modena is particularly suited to moderate production volumes.
- ULYS 330 SL-Modena: this model is the best seller of the ULYS SL Modena line. It is designed to handle large production volumes non-stop.
- ULYS 990-SL Modena: this model offers the best performance/price ratio. It is designed for very high production levels.
- Traceability functions with bar-code scanner
- Customized fonts
- Label printing function
- Multi-spool dereeler and automatic loading system
- Coiling pan sensor
The ULYS Modena laser wire marking machines meet European (CE) and FDA (‘Radiation Control for Health and Safety Act’) laser safety standards, making it suitable for use on the open shop floor. The ULYS Modena cable marking systems are labeled CE and/or FDA.
The laser utilized in the ULYS Modena’s cable marking equipment is categorized as Class 1; the light emitted during normal production is completely confined within its shell, this shell along with a protective window shielding the marking zone prevents the laser beam from causing any damage. The machine presents no danger to the user while in operation. All LASELEC machines are supplied with security breakers on all protective shields that are connected to the shutter in order to block the beam if the shell is opened.
Dimensions of the machine with manual dereeler (1 spool) and coiling pan:
approx. 1970 mm (L) x 1450 mm (l) x 1800 mm (h)
approx. 78” x 57” x 71”
Mains supply :
1 single phase line 208-220 Volts – 20 Amp
1 single phase line 208-220 Volts – 16 Amp
6 bar – 90 psi
The operating procedure for the ULYS Modena cable marking machine is simple and requires 4 steps to operate. Ensure the machine is leveled and connected with the main power supply; ensure that the pneumatic components as well as the cooling system are properly connected.
LASELEC’s laser wire markers are designed to ensure that there is no need for exterior adjustments. The operator is required to:
- Load or unload the coil
- Feed the cable through the machine
- Clear the coiling pan
- Data Entry
The ULYS SL Modena is officially qualified and approved for use on the production line for all aircrafts of:
BOMBARDIER / LEARJET
The ULYS SL Modena:
- Meets CE, FDA and UL standards.
- Is AIRBUS qualified to Process specification AIPS.
- Is qualified, approved and listed in Boeing BAC 5152.
- Conforms to SAE ARP5607 and meets AS50881 (MIL5088L).